I've been envious enough of my husband's cycling jacket to be on the hunt for one of my own. I finally found what I was looking for in the after Christmas sales. Oh the irony that the perfect cycling coat is currently being called a "car coat"!
The coat is:
- wool (blend)
- light camel colored to contrast with asphalt
- Thinsulate lined
- possessing seam details I can highlight in 3M reflective tape
- shorter in length, as my current coat occludes my seatpost tail light
- otherwise unremarkable, and thus unlikely to draw attention to itself
- inexpensive (yes, that factory outlet clearance sticker says $36.98)
In social lighting the coat does not read as anything remarkable:
Here the coat is flashed, you can see the one band of reflective tape and see all those seams where I can add more!
I look forward to getting everywhere bike and still quickly looking almost "normal" (whatever that really is).