14 April 2010

Have a few hours to spare?

Oh my goodness, thanks to Urbanista I have discovered My Old Bicycle. What a treat! So many beautiful bicycles so beautifully photographed... words can't do it justice, you just have to settle in and peruse yourself, the details are just too incredible. I'll add some morsels here:

elaborate bicycle handlebars
Just look at these handlebars!

pinstriped bicycle cranks
Handpainted pinstriping on these cranks (matches pinstriping on the lugs and fenders)

horsehair bicycle fender flap
How about this horsehair fender flap?

Those are just a few of my favorite details, check it out and be inspired.

7 comments:

cycler said...

Oh. My. God.
Wipes drool off her chin...
So many lust-worthy bicycles...
I need to start playing the lottery

Dean Fuhrman said...

That is a great website ... thanks for the link. I love it.

Velouria said...

Um wow. Thanks to that link, I won't be able to get any work done for the next couple of hours!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I am hooked. Spent way too much time going back in time on your posts, and enjoyed every minute of it. Best of the cycling blogs, I say. I'm afraid this may get me back into restoring old bicycles again.

Charlotte said...

Sinbad - I hope you do go back to restoring old bicycles! I'll have to post some more inspiration to keep you hooked! :)

eva said...

those bars are fantastic! i could tie all of my scarves on them in little bows!

2whls3spds said...

WOW! I didn't have the time to spend...but just did. Now I know why I love old bikes so much, they are not only beautiful to view, but beautiful to ride. They had a soul, if you will, in those days, they weren't just a hunk of metal built by the lowest bidder.

There are some bikes of similar caliber being built today, ANT, Vanilla, Sweet Pea, Bilenkey, etc.

Aaron