01 June 2009

Bicycle Diaries

The vintage Austro Daimler bicycle spotted last week is in good company. Seems that's the ride that David Byrne prefers.

I look forward to looking through his upcoming book. Cycling for just as long as he's been a star is intriguing timing.

UPDATE: This link is coming in from many friends. Thank you all!

E sends us:
Interesting thoughts from DB and the book looks good too. This was my favorite part:
"As Mapes points out, when more women begin riding, that will signal a big change in attitude, which will prompt further changes in the direction of safety and elegance. I can ride till my legs are sore and it won’t make riding any cooler, but when attractive women are seen sitting upright going about their city business on bikes day and night, the crowds will surely follow."

I couldn't say it better myself. Thanks for the link E!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Posed in blue has hair that looks like you.