09 June 2009

Daisy Bell

romantic couple on a tandem bicycleThis submission comes from a couple engaged to be married, shown here riding their tandem from the Jamaica Plain Arnold Arboretum. I can't help but think of the song we all learned as children, apparently titled "Daisy Bell".
There is a flower within my heart
Daisy, Daisy
Planted one day by a glancing dart
Planted by Daisy Bell
Whether she loves me or loves me not
Sometimes it's hard to tell
But there are those that would share the lot
Of beautiful Daisy Bell
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy all for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two
We will go tandem as man and wife
Daisy, Daisy
Wheeling away down the road of life
I and my Daisy Bell

4 comments:

Jon said...

Open the pod bay doors, Hal...

Anonymous said...

"I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Apollonia said...

very sweet. but they need some air in those tires, stat.

Carice said...

I never knew all the words to it- just the chorus.
Now it's stuck in my head...
Awfully cute bike!