14 July 2008

A year ago today


Yep, that's me. My top and skirt were white eyelet lace, the helmet has white flowers on it. That's my husband behind me on the narrow path and rice making the white specs in the air. It was a magical evening, and we were glad to leave by bike - to hear and smell and taste and really see the night; after all the excitement all day it was the perfect finish.

Yes, my bike has many gears on it but somehow we still managed to cruise slowly, savoring the ride. All this time later there is still one piece of rice lodged in my stem, just on top of my handlebars.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so gorgeous!

Charlotte said...

Krista, it was fun and I was just so very happy.
Thanks for your comment!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

James T said...

woe, that is really cool. Congrats to you both.

Thom said...

congratulations! i'm just getting caught up with the blogs after a vacation and also wanted to say, belatedly, that your wine crate rack looks awesome, too. give some thought to a guest-spot on the Old Bike Blog!

Courtnee said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your anniversary as much as the bike getaway on your wedding day!

Mr. Karate said...

Oh that's wonderful! thanks =)

Denny, Alaska said...

So cool!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, Charlotte! That picture is beautiful.
A bicycle powered wedding, love it. Here's a little tribute to that from this side of the pond:

http://amsterdamize.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/amsterdam-wedding-in-2008/

;-)

Charlotte said...

Thank you all, we had a great anniversary and are now officially no longer newlyweds.

2whls3spds said...

"no longer newlyweds"...don't think that way :-0

I still call my wife of 9 years my bride...people still think we are newlyweds ;-)

Congratulations and many more.

Aaron

Kristin Tieche said...

Félicitations! A wedding on Bastille Day? So for you it's "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité ET AMOUR!"

Miss Sarah said...

You look radiant! And that is a pretty choice photo too. I'm jealous in all the good ways:)

MELI. said...

o wow, que emotional! thats a gorgeous shot. &congrats. keep the good work, Im officially a fan :)