Here is my bike bag. Made by Carradice, it's a purpose-built bike bag. So shoot me. It's extremely practical, and extraordinarily well thought-out. It's not the most beautiful bag I own but its virtues are such that I love it.
In it I carry too many things:
- U lock
- plastic shopping bag - to cover my Brooks saddle if it's wet, or I'm parking in a suspect locale
- tire pump
- set of Alan wrenches - I think I'll stop carrying these, since this bike doesn't use them
- small screwdriver - I think I'll stop carrying this
- tire irons
- tire gauge
- spare 27" Schrader tube
- adjustable wrench
- Brooks wrench - I definitely will stop carrying this
- bungee cord - I used to have two of these...
- lock de-icer for my home bike shed - this might be stored 'till winter!
- headlight - clips onto the bike
- Sam Browne belt - my husband bought this from RUSA for Paris-Brest-Paris. It's the dorkiest thing anywhere, but I wear it gladly late on Friday night in any inclement conditions. I just think about how happy I was that he made it through that tough ride and got safely home to me
- reflective gloves - my sister gave me these for Christmas to improve my visibility
Not pictured, because I forgot to replenish them: latex gloves, at least one pair, maybe two, for use when handling greasy bike bits. They're great to toss and go.
I have all this and still room to haul home groceries, or whatever needs hauling each day.
Stay tuned for guest bag posts...